TECHNOCompétences and MIGS have been partners for 3 years now!
This year, TECHNOCompétences renewed its partnership with MIGS, the Montréal International Game Summit, to broaden the scope of its main mission and increase the Master Classes influence.
With 2,500 visitors each year from more than 20 countries, small developers and industry giants, MIGS is the largest platform for disseminating video game know-how on the North American East Coast.
This partnership between TECHNOCompétences and MIGS allows us to unite the forces of two important players with the common goal of fostering the development of Québec’s work force and video game industry.
What is a TECHNOCompétences Master Class at MIGS?
A Master Class is a vocational training that allows an expert to teach a small group of experienced professionals on key themes of the gaming industry and on skills for which it is very rare to find a training offer. Master Classes are generally short-termed (1 to 3 days maximum) and use pedagogical methods based on interaction, demonstration and practice.
An expert speaker:
- He/she is at the heart of the training.
- He/she is a recognized expert in the community.
- He/she has several years of professional experience in a relevant field of expertise and / or in the service of a reputable company.
- He/she may also be an author or speaker.
- They are all experienced professionals (intermediate or advanced) allowing a relevant and constructive exchange between the participants and the expert.
- The size of the group (limited to a maximum of 15-20 people), allows exchanges on cases resulting from the participants and / or the expert’s practice.
- The number of participants is limited so that they can exchange between themselves and with the expert.
For an employer, it pays off to send your staff to Master Classes!
- If you are an employer with an annual wage bill of $ 2,000,000 or more, you are covered by the Law to promote workforce skill development and recognition or the “Skills Act”, commonly known as the “1% Act”. Did you know that the MIGS Master Class fees are eligible for your training expenses since MIGS holds an eligible training activity certificate?
- TECHNOCompétences can reimburse 50% of the participant’s hourly wage for training hours up to a maximum of $ 20 per hour. A letter attesting the participant’s hourly wage and signed by a company representative must be sent to TECHNOCompétences to obtain the refund. TECHNOCompétences has a subsidy limited to 10 participants per class for salary refunds and cannot guarantee the reimbursement for participants exceeding this number. The first-come first-served policy will therefore be applied in the event of a lack of funds.
More Master Classes to come soon